Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Issues with Twilight part 1

First off let me say that I have read the first book. I read it because I made a deal with my daughter. If she read something that I thought was good then I would read something she thought was good. I gave her Harry Potter and she gave me Twilight.

Now while I could write a lot about my thoughts on Twilight I figured that I would pace myself with one here and there.

So now this is one thing that when brought up to fans I have never heard a satifactory responce is that the core of these books is rendered moot after the first book. The theme I am referring to is the purity/abstanice theme. The central ideal is that Edward will not bite Bella and taint her because once she is bitten then she can't be unbitten.

Please remember that in the climax of the first book James bit Bella. She is no longer pure by the standerds set forth by the book. This is like a virgin getting raped. Even if she never has sex again she still lost her virginity.

So what do y'all think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment